Sunday, May 02, 2010

~THE DREAM OF PARIS IS ALIVE~

Looking in the tour book about Paris can be daunting. Trying to choose where we were going to stay. We ended up staying on the RIGHT BANK in Montmartre.
We arrived by Metro, Lamarck~Caulaincourt, a little dazed and confused as to where the hotel would be located. We were directed up the staircase, and there was our Hotel!
We quickly dropped our bags and headed up the hill to the Sacre Coeur. We enjoyed the sight and view of the vast city and lunched on sandwiches bought from the local bakery in the park.
With 5 days ahead of us, we wanted to hit as many sights as we could, so off we went to see the Arc De Triomphe, which is just up top from the metro stop and very easy to get to. There was a large crowd gathered around entertainers and vendors. The traffic was whizzing around us. As we were taking pictures, I spotted my first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. She was flirting with me.
We then joined the promenade down the Champs~Elysees.
The Rue was filled with people enjoying the late afternoon walk amongst the shoppers and tourists.
Our plan was to walk down to the Palace De La Concorde, but as we walked, we kept getting glimpses of the tower and it was beckoning us to come view her splendid beauty.
Mesmerized, we quickly turned and headed straight to the Seine and a most wonderful view.
We must have taken 30 or more pictures of this fantastic structure.
Suddenly it lit up all Golden,then the laser lit a streak in the sky. When the Tower started to sparkle my breath was taken away. I wanted to run as fast as I could to get to it.

I had the greatest idea at that moment. Ethan had asked me to stand in a particular spot when we were on the top of the Tower. I stood where we were told, and called him on the cell phone.
I wanted him to be able to tell his pre~school class that he had just received a telephone call from the top of the Eiffel Tower by his Grammie and Grandpa this morning.
The view was splendid! I was exhilarated and elated by the fact that here we were!

No comments: