Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DREAMS

Have you ever looked into a picture and said,"I want to go there"?
Feeling the romance that the picture shares. The thought that you could be walking down that lane or crossing that bridge or even walking through that door?

I had this feeling every time I walked into Kinkos to have copies made.
I did not frequent this establishment often, but on occasion I have walked in and been awe struck by a certain photograph enlarged, most certainly to advertise that they do this work there. Perhaps you have seen this photograph there.
There was never any advertisement or price quote or even a hint of where this enchanted place was, but I was enthralled with the village that was it's subject.
I never once asked anyone working there if they knew where this enchanting village could be found, and truthfully, as soon as I walked from the store, it was forgotten.

On my many hours of planing this holiday to the United Kingdom, (see previous posts), I had collected some darling drawn postcards of the south of England. They seemed so quaint and dear to me, and secretly, some day I wished to be placed in that postcard setting.
One only had to turn the card over to discover the names of these delightful wall lined lanes with their rock faced cottages, look these tiny villages up on a map and bingo find a B&B in the area where we could call home.

Nettleton Mill was just the place for us!
This place was one of those you stumble upon on the internet and wonder, is this the place?
An old mill that backed up to a gorgeous golf course and at the other end the quaint village of Castle Coombe.

The directions to Nettleton Mill were as reads: Down the road, up the lane into the dell, and up the hill. Brillant!
Are you starting to feel a bit like Alice?

The walk to Castle Coombe was through the wood and the golf course into the village lane.
Daffodils were scattered blooming throughout the grounds and in my heart I longed to pick each one and carry them in my arms. We had the entire area to ourselves to explore and enjoy. Me with my camera, Steve wishing he had some golf clubs.

The village was so charming. Not a soul was to be found on the lanes or in the fields. Perhaps it was the weather,or most worked away from their village, we do not know, but we took that walk into the village twice. It was all our own!

Some months later I needed to have some copies made at Kinkos and as I walked into the store, there was the picture I so enjoyed looking at. As I looked this time I stopped in my tracks!!
This was the very Castle Coombe, our very own village we freely wandered through without a sign of an inhabitant! We were taken there through my wish, and I didn't even know it!

I hope that you are as enthralled with the pictures as I was being there taking them.

1 comment:

Modern Crush said...

Wow! That is amazing!