Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Most Precious Gift

Today at church, Pastor presented the beginning of a five part message on the Holy Spirit.
Today he spoke on how the Holy Spirit desires to dwell in His people.

Without the Righteousness of God , we are merely lumps of formless clay. When we receive Jesus and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, we receive the promise of becoming a child of God. Jn1:12
God's original plan of creation was to create and dwell among us. We are made for His pleasure.
Sin changed all this. We made our own choices, thinking only about what is pleasing to us.

At the perfect time, God sent His Son to redeem us. The Holy Spirit gently nudges us to recognize we are not living the life as God created us to live.
We are not content, at peace,nor fulfilled.
We are given a choice, recognize our Creator and turn to Him through Christ's forgiveness and receive all His promises, or go it on our own in a dry and desolate land as the adversary would have it.
Once we make our decision for our Savior and to walk in the Lord's will, we become transformed;
"We are called out of the darkness we walked in and into His wonderful light"! 1 Pet2:9

Do you remember who you were in your darkest moment?
Your lifestyle, your language, your attitude towards others?
It is a dog eat dog world out there.

Christ calls on us to "love one another as He has loved us". Jn 15:12

The most important commandment is to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and strength. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." Mark 12:29-31
We are instructed over 13 times in His word to do this.

If we love the Lord as it is commanded, with all of our heart,soul,mind and strength, and are to love our neighbor as our self, I see that I am to be going about the Lord's work, helping those who are in need as He reveals this to me.

I struggle at this point, because it is not something that I always want to do, or the time is inconvenient,( Or it is something that will take me away from my schedule or my fun time.)
But, isn't this loving your neighbor as yourself? Being called upon in a time of need?
That is our design and purpose once we become a child of the Kingdom.
Our mission is to become Christ-like. Ask your self, WWJD? What is Jesus asking you to do for Him and the Kingdom?

People at churches everywhere are looking for theirpurpose and ministry. What has God chosen for you to do for Him? They don't know, they can't quite put their finger on it. I have discovered it is right in front of our noses! Reach out, get out of your shell, help in ANY way possible. It is through doing the Lord's work, you will find your purpose and ministry.

Before church, a friend presented me with a book as a gift. It is a delightful book. She chose the perfect book in illustration and font, as this is exactly what I love. It is me!
The book title is "Savor this Moment, Embracing the Goodness in Everyday Life", by Karla Dornacher.
She showed me how cute the book was with the darling pull outs and places to journal,. (I'd like to think that this is how she sees me ,because it IS ME, in my spirit, and as I see myself.

We then sit for the sermon.

To reflect back on our lives without our Salvation, the purpose that God has for us, and who we were and what we would be now without His forgiveness and guidance through the Holy Spirit, and then realizing the beautiful transformation that I have become through the Holy Spirit.

I gaze back through the pages of my life and look ahead and see His miraculous work and blessings upon me and those my life touches. Tears flowing, knowing where my purpose is and when the task is given, how I need to respond. I am being requested by the Lord how do I respond?

Later in the day I sit and open my beautiful gift, the book.
I savor this moment of Love, savor this moment of Affirmation, savor this moment of Gratitude, of Influence, of Hope, Rest, Joy, Beauty, and Comfort. The whole day and message has been tied together as a bouquet and handed to me by Him, the one that I love and who loves me.
All of these qualities I need to have as reminders I am where the Lord wants me.
He is soooo good!

After church, we go up in front to pray for those in need of prayer.
One of my ladies faithfully comes forward for prayer before her weekly chemo treatments.
What a privilege to be called upon to pray for her healing. He has placed me here.
I am watching God's work in progress. ~MK~

No comments: