Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Kick It Up A Notch"

Tuesday I went for an appointment to my new doctor.
We have recently changed Health Care providers and because of a long history with medical issues I needed to be seen for a blood panel.
Things ran smoothly, save for the restroom issue,(see previous blog), and that I felt like I was the new kid at school, not knowing where anything was or what the procedures were.
Quickly, the following day I received a call from the nurse telling me that all was well with my meds and that I can happily return Next year for the same routine, however there was discussion about doing more exercise. "Just kick it up a notch", she said.
I have battled the weight issue my entire adult life, it isn't that I don't want to be slim and wonderful... I have the wonderful part down, it's just the slim part that I deal with daily!!
I have been using my daughter and grandkids to motivate me to walk when she isn't working.
The kids are getting heavier and the double stroller weighs a ton as we push up the monumental hill that challenges us. The problem is that we stopped between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the kids kept gaining weight.
We were hitting the hill with three trips up and down. Now we are almost back to the challenge of three times. Maybe next week.
At any rate, I will TRY to kick it up a notch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mom, you are beautiful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.